Sunday, November 23, 2014

First Post Ever! Sunday Funday - November 23rd

Hello and welcome to my little slice of the internet, Literally Liz. 

Seeing as this is my very first post I'd like to start out by introducing myself.

My name is Liz. (Quite obviously...) I'm a 24 year old living with my mom in the heart of New Jersey, just kidding, New Jersey doesn't have a heart. (But I do live there.) I have a BA in Communication from the lovely Monmouth University, where yes, I do believe most of my tuition money went to the landscaping. But at least I have this great piece of paper that boasts I know about communicating. By day I am a Customer Service Representative, but by night I'm a wild and crazy party animal. Just kidding. I pretty much surf social media whilst on the couch with my cat, online shop, and occasionally hang out with friends. I suggest everyone check out my "Meet Me!" page here.

So what is this blog about and why are you here reading it? Hopefully it's because I'm hilarious and a great writer. But really I'm here to write a tiny bit about my daily life, and mostly about some of my passions which include but are not limited to; music, makeup, and fashion.

Let me break down how I anticipate my blog schedule to go;
Sunday Funday (aka not a fun day cause I have to go to work tomorrow) - where I recap my weekend for you and let you know what's going on for the week.
Music Monday (yes I like alliteration and rhyming...) - where I review new music (or at least new to me) and lend my opinion on current events in pop culture, because I do in fact watch E! News every night...Catt Sadler and Giuliana Rancic wuddup?!
Beauty Tuesday (that doesn't really rhyme but just go with it.) - where I'll detail current makeup obsessions, my personal tips and tricks, and maybe throw in some favorite skin care products/routines.
On Wednesdays We Wear... - This is where I'll share my favorite #ootw (outfit of the week), and write about my feelings on current fashion trends.
Thursdays I may do a random post about what's going on in my life...I didn't have any clever titles for that one, but if you do I'm all ears!

In the spirit of my first Sunday Funday post I'll do a little weekend recap for you beautiful humans. 
Let me start out by saying that Fridays during the winter are a particularly hard situation for me; I'm generally tired from the work week and the fact that it's already dark at noon practically makes me want to get home from work and crawl into bed with some Pringles. However, on this particular Friday a couples of my friends were all like "hey I want nachos from Stagehouse" and I was all like "yeah nachos are infinitely better than Pringles." And so to Stagehouse is we went. Where you can probably guess they have the best nachos in all the land. Here's photographic evidence of how amazing they are.



These nachos were gone in about 5 minutes flat and I really have no shame admitting that. Unfortunately nothing majorly interesting happened while we were there, usually this place is filled to the brim with drunk dancing moms, but apparently they all stayed in for the night. Also there was no DJ, lame.


Saturday my friend and I followed suit of about half of the world and saw Mockingjay Part 1.


As someone who read this trilogy quite awhile ago, I have to say I was a little disappointed in this movie. It kind of feels like they split the last book into two movies just to milk this franchise for all it's worth. Of course I really won't complain about staring up at Liam Hemworth for another movie after this though...

Anyway, as per usual Jennifer Lawrence really nailed the extreme emotional turmoil Katniss is going through in this part of the story. Josh Hutcherson really turned up the emotion as well, for what little amount his character gets to be in this movie. Also have to say I loved Julianne Moore as President Coin, she was very stern and stoic, just as I imagined her to be while I was reading the book. 
The effects in this movie are also worth noting. They're fantastic; the hovercrafts and weaponry are so intricate and real-looking, it's unbelievable what they can do with entertainment these days.
Overall I liked the movie, but I can't wait to see what they do with the actual ending of this book. If you don't know what happens I suggest you read the books immediately - it's a doozy!

Anyway, looking forward to this short work week and then every fat kid's favorite holiday - Thanksgiving! Is everyone else looking forward to all of the stuffing and biscuits they can possibly fit in their bodies?...or is that just me?

Here's hoping everyone has a great beginning of the week! I'll be back tomorrow to talk about some music and celebrities (One Direction anyone?)


1 comment:

  1. Hi! Excited to read more of your blog! I am a new blogger too :)

    ReplyDelete