Monday, November 24, 2014

Music Monday - November 24th

Happy Monday dolls!

Trekking into work this morning was certainly quite the task. Rainy weather = wanting to stay in bed for the duration of the day, but alas there is money to be made. (To support my shopaholic tendencies, but you'll learn about those later...)

Welcome to my first Music Monday! 

I generally pride myself on my musical taste which literally ranges from Imagine Dragons to One Direction, to Ed Sheeran, (swoon) to The Weeknd, to Hunter Hayes. I'll give just about anything a try, I even went through a screamo phase. (It was a dark time in my life...)
I hope to highlight four or so of my current songs each week - give or take, cause when I love a song I'll listen to it for weeks on repeat. (And then it's dead. Ooops.)

All About It (Featuring Ed Sheeran) - Hoodie Allen
Naturally this is a current favorite because Ed Sheeran is more or less my life. I'm actually unhealthily obsessed with him but I suppose that's neither here nor there, since this is really Hoodie Allen's song. (Who, not so surprisingly, I recently became slightly obsessed with as well.) It's a pretty typical pop/rap song. In that the lyrics don't really have anything to do with each other, but they rhyme and get stuck in your head. Perfect as a single for this album. They recently made the music video for it too, and it's funny as hell. 
Favorite Lyric; "I just wanna leak shit, not literally leak shit, I wanna push the music through the speakers." 


Change Your Ticket - One Direction 
This is my favorite song off the whole FOUR album. Which is really good, I mean I get it's 1D and everything, but give it an honest chance! It's just catchy and dancey as all hell and I LOVE it. Each Directioner helped to write this little tune. I kind of feel like this song is about a girl being a little whore for them which isn't that great of a message - but just forget that and dance to your little heart's content. 
Favorite lyric; "Don't play innocent, I know what you meant when you said you'd come over." 


Often - The Weeknd
Okay granted I literally just heard this song for the first time yesterday, but I'm already pretty much obsessed. I listened to it on repeat for about 45 minutes before I went to sleep last night. If you've heard any songs by The Weeknd this is his general style. The lyrics make little to no sense and have everything to do with drugs and alcohol - but hey, the beat is amazing.
Favorite lyric; "The night's almost done, but I see your eyes, you wanna go again."


Human Contact - Catey Shaw
I don't know what it is about this song but it just makes me want to give a concert to my bedroom. It's such a fun, different kind of song. And unlike the previous two actually has somewhat of an important lesson to it - just listen to music and stop arguing. :)
Favorite lyric; "You want to tell me everything that's wrong, but I'm so distracted cause they're playin' my favorite song."

I hope you enjoyed my first Music Monday post! I'm looking forward to sharing my favorite music with everyone weekly. Comment some of your favorite songs as well!


No comments:

Post a Comment