Sunday, November 30, 2014

Sunday Funday - November 30th

And so we have reached the start of another week! (A full one at work, unfortunately. Sigh.)

With the start of the week comes my Sunday Funday post!

First of all - I hope everyone's Thanksgivings were filled with love, family, and lots and lots of food. Maybe football if you're into that sort of thing. I, for one, am not. Haha. 

I had a very quiet Thanksgiving at home where my mom cooked for my dear grandmother and I. We had lots of fun chatting around the table over a feast and then my favorite, grandma's homemade pumpkin pie for dessert. (YUMMM.) I am super thankful to have two strong, independent women as my sole role models in life. #GirlPower


Next subject; Black Friday.
Although I am a self-confessed shopaholic - I can never bring myself to participate in the absolute madness that is Black Friday. I suffer from anxiety when it comes to extreme crowds of people so I prefer to not get myself involved in that craziness. However, if that's what you love, then you do that shit! No judgments here! This is not to say I didn't participate in Black Friday at all - of course I was all up in the online sales. I was fortunate enough to make two awesome purchases!

First up - Aldo
I have been searching high and low for a pair of low (3 1/2 to 4 inch) black suede kitten heel boots, in a style that I had a couple years ago. Unfortunately it seems that these are nowhere to be found. So  I decided to purchase some synthetic leather boots in both black and brown for work. I also purchased a set of earrings because I'm kind of obsessed with the jewelry at Aldo - has anyone ever checked it out?! It's all SO CUTE. (Ahem, and affordable.)



Next up, Express
I have always loved clothes from Express - but think they are HIGHLY overpriced for the quality you get. Thankfully they have a lot of 50% off sales. I needed some long sleeved work- appropriate shirts and another pair of jeans; at only five feet tall, I only have so many choices to buy jeans that are cut shorter. And Express is one of them.



Super excited to receive my Black Friday online purchases. Should probably think about doing more Christmas shopping though...


Saturday, my mother and I went to see the Radio City Christmas Spectacular in NYC. My mom has been wanting to go for quite some time, and I have to admit I have too. We have never gone and I thought it would be a great thing to do on this long weekend. (However cold it was...BRR!) 
You have to admit though - there is NOTHING like NYC during Christmas time. The energy there is incomparable. 

We went to the 2 o'clock show, so we ventured into the city to have lunch first. We went to an absolutely adorable little eatery called, Pasta Lover's Trattoria (142 West 49th St. Between 6th and 7th Ave) The place was all decorated for Christmastime and the pizza was phenom! I even managed to snap a couple pics while there.




Of course I had to take some pics around Radio City Music Hall of all the cute Christmas decorations as well.







Obviously Radio City Music Hall is absolutely gorgeous. There is a HUGE chandelier as soon as you walk in - it's amazing. The show is one of a kind, and I can't imagine how hard those Rockettes work! The precision that they dance with unbelievable. It's a fantastic show and I definitely recommend it to everyone so you can get into the Christmas spirit. Remember, Santa is always watching!

(Apparently Elmo and Mario hang out together on the reg? Who knew...)



(Shoutout to this guy in the bottom right corner of my this picture. #ruined)


Overall I had a great long weekend with my family. I got in lots of quality time cuddling my sweet cat, Kittie, as well as time with my mom and grandma - which means the world to me. So not looking forward to a full week at work during the busiest time of the year. But we do have to make money if we want to be able to buy all the Christmas presents!

Here's hoping everyone has a great start to their week! I'll be back tomorrow with an all new Music Monday!

PS - don't forget to follow me on all my social media accounts - I'm mildly funny sometimes. (Buttons on the right side!)


*Disclaimer: I was running late and forgot to bring my legit camera - so these pictures are all brought to you via my iPhone 5s. Lame, I know.*


2 comments:

  1. looks like you two had a wonderful nyc time!
    (btw, love aldo jewelry! they have super pretty pieces.)
    following you on bloglovin' and twitter. hope you'll look for me too. see you around!


    a possible fantasy

    ReplyDelete
  2. NYC is just the best during Christmastime. Look for another NYC blog post after this weekend as well... :)
    Your blog is gorgeous! Thanks so much for stopping by and checking mine out. I'll be looking forward to more of your posts!

    ReplyDelete