Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Beauty Tuesday - December 2nd

It's Tuesday! So you know what that means - beauty time! 

Hope everyone had a fabulous Tuesday and let's look at it this way, tomorrow's already hump day! Then the work week is practically over! (If I keep thinking this way maybe it will make work go quicker?)

Since last week's makeup obsessions were a bit on the pricey side I tried to make this week's a little bit on the cheaper side. I mean, who wants to spend more than $10 on a piece of makeup?! 

Number one!
NYX Matte Lipstick ($6)
In color MLS16 
(paired with NYX Lipliner Pencil [$3.50] in color 812 Plum)




So I have to admit that I'm pretty biased toward NYX Lipsticks. It's kind of hard not to be! At such a cheap price you can buy 4 of these for the price of one Mac lipstick. (Which is not to say I don't love Mac lipsticks...but I gotta keep it real here.) I love going into Ulta and picking up a bunch of NYX lipsticks and lipliners without feeling guilty for breaking the bank. Onto the important stuff though - does cheap price equal subpar quality? Not in this case! The pigmentation of the Matte lipsticks are pretty good, a few swipes across the lips and you're good to go. (Compared to the Butter lipsticks they're just a bit better.) They also have great staying power. I wore this lip combo at work for 8 hours today and only had to reapply once after lunch! That makes me quite a happy camper. 

Check out my complete makeup look here. (Ignore my messy bun - it was a rainy/cloudy morning so I really had no interest in getting out of bed.)


Just a little more info on the look;
I used Benefit Porefessional Primer, NYX HD Concealer in CW01 underneath my eyes, ELF Eyelid Primer, bareMinerals Mineral Veil in Hydrating as setting powder, Anastasia Tamanna Dress Your Face pallete on my eyes, NYX Wonder Pencil in light on bottom water line, Sephora Liquid Eyeliner in black for my winged liner, filled in with Estee Lauder DoubleWear eyeliner in 01 Onyx, Makeup Forever Smoky Extravagant mascara, Too Faced Beach Bunny custom blend bronzer, highlighter from the Naked Flushed pallete, and Mac Fix+ as setting spray.
Wow. You never realize how much stuff you put on your face till you write it all down! Yikes. Hope I'm not the only one!


My next "beauty" favorite is actually a perfume - but I figured it was still within the beauty realm.
Juicy Couture - Viva La Juicy ($72)
Eau De Parfum 1.7 oz


I have always loved perfumes from Juicy Couture - I have [most] of the ones they've made so far and this is definitely my favorite and signature scent. (Hey, every girl's gotta have one!) It's a sweet smell, without being sickening, while also smelling sweet and fresh. The website describes it as "delicious wild berries, with creamy vanilla and bright jasmine." I definitely try to not pay full price for this as much as possible, thankfully Rue La La tends to have this on sale for $50 pretty often. Also, if you couldn't tell already, I'm a sucker for packaging so the gold emblems and giant pink bows certainly play a part in drawing me in as well. (I even have a tattoo of a bow on my side! #teamtatted) 

Thanks for tuning in to another Beauty Tuesday. I'll be back tomorrow with my fashion post! Can't wait.

Hope everyone has a great hump day tomorrow! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment