Monday, December 1, 2014

Music Monday - December 1st

You guys. It happened. Somehow, December has happened upon us. ONLY 24 days left till Christmas!

I hope everyone had as smooth a transition back to work as possible for a Monday back after a four day weekend. I have to say, mine was pretty rough. Working for a retail company during Black Friday/Cyber Monday might just be the most stressful thing you could put yourself through. But, like I always say, there's money to be made!

ANYWHO - and so we have arrived to another Music Monday! I've got some sweet tunes to share with you today! I'm finding it's so hard to pick only four songs to share! I might have to bump it up to five next week, who knows. 

Being that it's December I think it's only appropriate to share at least one Christmas-themed song.

Santa Tell Me - Ariana Grande
So first of all I just love Ariana Grande, I think she's the cutest little thing in the world. I'm also a supporter of her and Big Sean's relationship - I just like it a lot, I get really personally attached to celebrity couples. It's weird. ...Anyway, I don't know if everyone was on the Ariana Grande band wagon last December but her version of Last Christmas was a serious jam of mine so I was pretty stoked when I heard she was going to be releasing another Christmas Track. This song is just a great little pop Christmas song to bounce along too whilst at work. (At least that's what I do.)
Also this lyric video has the cutest baby pictures of Ariana, it's really sweet.
Favorite Lyric; "I'm avoiding every mistletoe until I know it's true love that he thinks of."



Take Me To Church - Hozier
Undoubtedly you've heard this song one way or another. It's totally taken over the airwaves, but for good reason! This song is amazing both lyrically and vocally. It's so powerful and I love nothing more than singing along to it. I'm no match for Hozier, but I give it an honest shot.
Favorite Lyric; "My lover's got humor, she's the giggle at a funeral. Know's everybody's disapproval, I should've worshipped her sooner."



Ghost - Ella Henderson
I heard this song for the first time when Ella performed this on The Voice and I instantly fell in love. I love the old school feel to this song, not to mention Ella's sort of raspy, but totally gorgeous voice. Lyrically this song delivers as well, everyone can relate to the concept of that one person that will always have a hold on ya.
Favorite Lyric; "Bright light living in the shade. Your cold heart makes my spirit shake."



Uptown Funk (Featuring Bruno Mars) - Mark Ronson
This is another song that I heard for the first time on The Voice when contestant Chris Jamison on Team Adam performed it. (Phenomenally might I add. Go Team Adam!) This song is so funky and high energy and I can't listen to it enough. The lyrics are just so fun (and funny) and you can't help but sing along by the second chorus. I'm a huge Bruno Mars fan in general, I just love his style and voice. 
Favorite Lyric; "I'm too hot, make a dragon wanna retire man."



Hope you enjoyed this week's edition of Music Monday! Perhaps for the month of December I'll include one Christmas song a week? Hopefully I can find some unique one that you don't hear every day! (Or every year rather.)

I'll be back tomorrow with some beauty favorites! I just ordered a bunch of stuff on Ulta and NYX's Cyber Monday sales. Woo hoo!



14 comments:

  1. I love music Monday <3
    No one likes Monday, but music makes everything better!
    Thanks for sharing your style.

    http://stylefuel.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha exactly! Glad you liked this post. :)

      Love your blog - so cute.

      Delete
  2. Oh I love this idea for a post! So much fun! And I too am a big Ariana fan! :)
    Carylee | more pieces of me
    Enter the $650 EXPRESS Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gotta love Ariana. :) Glad you liked this post! Please come visit again!

      Delete
  3. Love this!! and love our blog!
    We can follow each other on GFC! Follow me and I'm gonna followe you back!
    http://fashionneed09.blogspot.it/
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just checked out your blog and it's super cute. :) You are in Italy, yes? Just went to Florence for the first time last summer - most beautiful place I've ever seen!

      I followed you on bloglovin. Can't wait to see more posts!

      Delete
  4. Great selections! I can't believe it's already December either! So crazy :)
    <3
    katsfashionfix.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for taking a read. Hope to see ya back soon. :)

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Can't help but dance along! Thanks for taking a read. Hope to see ya back soon. :)

      Delete
  6. Hi just popping back over from Locked In A Bow :-) love this most, some fab tracks on there xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for taking a read! Hope to see ya back soon. :)

      Delete
  7. This is such a great idea! I adore it!
    Hozier Take Me To Church is currently one of my favorites :)

    ♡alexa ♡
    http://whiterabbittail.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of my favorite posts to write! Glad you like it! You've got a great blog as well. :) Thanks for checking mine out. Hope to see ya back soon!

      Delete