Wednesday, December 31, 2014

New Year's Resolutions & 2015

Woo hoo! It's New Year's Eve!!



I'm here with a bit of a personal post again - I told you not to hold me to my normal schedule over the holidays. ;) So in true cliché form, I'm going to share with you a list of resolutions I hope to work on this coming year. 

1. Stop making decisions hastily. 
I tend to make very rash decisions, especially when it comes to relationships with other people. I like to think that I know what everyone else around me is feeling or thinking and so I tend to make split-second decisions based on my assumptions. This is something that isn't healthy and I have been trying to work on, baby steps!

2. Stop holding people (and myself) to impossible expectations.
I hold myself up to perfection practically (I may or may not have OCD...), so I tend to expect a lot out of people simply because I expect a lot out of myself. But, we are all humans and as such are a flawed species. This is something I really need to learn to live with. No one can control someone else; you just have to do what's right for you and the pieces will fall as they may.

3. Start having a more open-mind.
I'm not even going to lie - I can be a very judgmental person. It's more of a defense mechanism, if I can get the upper hand, then all the better. But I'm approaching age 25 this year, I need to learn to grow up, stop judging people and realize that everyone is different and that's what makes the world such an interesting and wonderful place.

4. Be more health-conscious. 
For me this goes quite a bit beyond dieting (which I actually don't believe in - it's all about portion control.) As I said before I'll be turning 25 in 2015 and while I realize I'm still young I need to take the initiative now in taking care of myself. I've had several minor health issues this year (never stress yourself out to the point of giving yourself gastritis - trust me on this one.) This includes eating properly, regularly exercising, staying calm and de-stressing, and taking care of my mental health and keeping my brain stimulated. 

5. Learn more.
As I mentioned before I'd really like to keep my brain stimulated. My full time job can become a little mundane at times, so I need to make a sincere effort to continue to learn new things every day. I'm hoping to make the time to read some more novels this year, my goal is to read many of the classic novels I was required to read in school that I never bothered with. (Haha!) As well as read about topics that interest me. (Such as fashion and music) 

Byeee Felicia! (Ahem, I mean 2014!!)
As fas as years go, 2014 was actually a really great one for me. I've learned a lot of things, some painful, some beautiful, some eye-opening. I started off ringing in the New Year with some close friends and nachos - what can really be better than that?! I gained a promotion at my job and really tested my professional merit. I traveled for the first time to Europe and made some amazing memories with some amazing friends.

I learned to let go of things that weren't meant for me, that my perception of people isn't always correct, that there are people out there who can hurt you without care and you have to be okay with that, that you get what you give to this world, that you need to talk about how you feel sometimes, no matter how embarrassed you are, that my mother is my best friend, that you have to appreciate every minute that you have, that social media is mostly poison, and the most important lesson I learned this year was that you can not drop your iPhone 5s on a hardwood floor multiple times without expecting the screen to break at some point. 
...Just kidding about that last one, but everything else is valid!

Here's hoping everyone has a great time ringing in the new year! As for me I'll be at home with some close friends watching movies and binge eating carbs. :) If you're going out please stay safe and never, ever, ever drink and drive. Use Uber, call a cab, call your desperate ex, literally call anyone to drive you if you have been drinking and can not drive. Have a healthy, prosperous, and most of all FUN 2015!


4 comments:

  1. these are such great resolutions!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Hoping to stick to them at least a little bit. It's all about wanting to improve yourself. :) Hope you had a great New Year's celebration.

      xoLiz

      Delete
  2. great resolutions, hope you keep them! Hope you have a great new year!

    http://wonderfulandweirdbeautyandlife.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope I do as well! Haha. I will certainly be trying. Hope you have a lovely new year as well! I just posted a new post so please check it out. :)

      xoLiz

      Delete