Wednesday, December 24, 2014

On Wednesday's We Wear... - Christmas Sweaters & Hunters

Merry Christmas Eve everyone! Writing up a quick post after my half work-day nap, since I skipped out on yesterday's post. I'll probably be posting pretty sporadically throughout Christmas/New Year's so don't hold me too close to my schedule! I'm going to be trying to make the most of my days off from work and time with family/friends.

So let's get into the fashion situation shall we? I figured since today is Christmas Eve I'd post a nice festive outfit for you all...and no, I still didn't learn to use my camera properly so we're rolling with mirror selfies. (Sorry!)

Sweater - Garage
I LOVE this store and was so thrilled when I discovered we got one in the mall by my house. I've always wanted to do the whole "ugly Christmas sweater" thing (without it actually being ugly of course) so when I saw this sweater in there I knew I had to grab it up! There were other color combos but I gravitated towards this one because I'm just really loving gray these days. The light blue and pink accents are really cute too.

Leggings - Victoria's Secret Pink
Just plain every day black leggings. In my previous posts I've always been wearing my black leggings from Forever 21 but I actually have quite a few from Victoria's Secret Pink that are super comfortable - they're like t-shirt material. I highly recommend!

Boots - Hunter
I was a little late to the Hunter train when I bought my pair last year, but I wanted to wait for a sale as these can be a bit pricey, but they're definitely worth it. These are great because they're stylish rainboots, you can actually pair them with your outfit like I did or just wear them when you'll be out in the rain/snow and then change into another pair when you get to your destination. 

Legwarmers - DSW
I paired my Hunters with a pair of legwarmers I already owned, but they do actually have specific fleece sock inserts that look really nice as well. (Hopefully Santa is bringing me a pair of my very own!) But if you don't want to spend the $40 on fleece socks (because let's be real, that's a little insane) any type of legwarmer/high socks work with these boots as well, even really thick ones, I find I have a lot of wiggle room in my boots.

Watch - Marc by Marc Jacobs, Necklace - Juicy Couture, Earrings - Aldo





Second thing I'd like to discuss if the fact that I'm going to be taking a social media cleanse until I return to work for the New Year. (Aside from posting my blog entries of course!) Lately I've just been feeling like social media has taken more of a priority in my life than it should. I found it really disappointing that one of the first things I wanted to do when I woke up in the morning was check my Instagram - I'm 24 years old, I should be wanting to actually DO things, not watching people do things through the screen of my phone. I was also using Twitter almost only to complain about people/things that I was unhappy with, which isn't a good thing to do and makes me feel extremely negative. Social Media just perpetuates constant comparison to our peers and that's not the way I'm interested in living my life...especially for the new year. I know it's super cliche but I'm really hoping to start this New Year off on a good foot and really set goals and projects for myself to adhere to. (One of the reasons I started this blog!) I'm also going to try to focus on being a more positive person in general.

I'd love to discuss this topic with you if any of you have opinions on it! I'm not trying to completely condemn social media - it definitely does have it's great points and is especially great if you have a lot of family or friends that don't live close by - and of course I LOVE posting selfies, but I'm just feeling far too narcissistic and obsessed with it for it to be normal anymore...

I hope everyone who sees this has a great holiday (no matter what you might be celebrating) and remember to enjoy and cherish the time you have with your family and loved ones. Take lots of pictures, eat lots of food, and of course, open lots of presents. Happy Holidays! xoxoxo

8 comments:

  1. Aww that jumper is very cute! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I loved all the patterns on it. Hope you had a lovely Christmas and thank you for reading!

      xoLiz

      Delete
  2. such a cute look! hope you had a wonderful christmas

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Hope you had a great Christmas as well!

      Delete
  3. I adore the sweater! Hope you had an amazing time during Christmas! :)

    Laura | Blonde and Cupcakes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Hope you had a lovely Christmas as well!

      xoLiz

      Delete
  4. Love your sweater and hunter boots! So cute!

    www.simplydavelyn.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much! I just got the fleece inserts for them and now I love them even more. :) Thanks for reading!

    xoLiz

    ReplyDelete