Sunday, December 28, 2014

Sunday Funday - Christmas Presents & Target

Hello dolls, somehow it has already become Sunday! I hope everyone had a great Christmas (or whatever it is you celebrate) and spent time with family and friends. I had a really wonderful Christmas and Santa brought me quite a few goodies!

Below are some of the gifts Santa aka my mother brought for me. (Also note my Christmas PJS with heel-wearing Reindeer) I got Hunter boot socks, the travel Smashbox Full Exposure pallete, and a Moon and Lola monogram necklace are just a few. I was particularly excited about the monogram necklace as I've been wanting one for so long, this one is actually acrylic plastic that's like a tan and brown marble, almost making it look like tortoise shell, it's gorgeous! These pictures don't really do it justice.

In my stocking was just my regular gifts of marshmallow Santa Clauses (my biggest Christmas guilty pleasure) and of course SOCKS. I love socks actually, I've been completely obsessed with wearing thigh high socks with over-the-knee boots. So cute! PS - that is the same stocking I've had since I was born pretty much - isn't it the cutest?





I don't have too much of a weekend recap for you as I spent most of my time at home, I've been trying to battle off some sort of cold I think. I really just wanted to rest-up while I was off of work. I actually had planned to get a bunch of cleaning done so I could start the new year off nice and fresh but I was quite sick last night so I spent much of today bing-watching Scandal. Which I CAN NOT believe I have never watched before. I seriously can't get enough, I had to force myself to turn it off and get some laundry done!

However I would like to share with you the new bedding that I got from Target. Is Target not the best store on the face of this planet?! Because I really, truly love it. As I think I've mentioned before. I got this great duvet cover set that I've been eyeing for quite some time. I've recently been really into the color gray so this was perfect. It almost looked as though they didn't have a full size available and I was really sad (haha) but thankfully I found one that had the packaging ripped off (with everything still intact) so I was good to go! I love it because it looks like some nice expensive thing but it was really inexpensive! I also really needed another set of flannel sheets as I only had one and I found this beautiful white and tan houndstooth print set and I was in love! Not to mention they're incredibly soft, I predict I'll be getting a good night's sleep tonight!




That's about all I have for you folks tonight! Sorry if I've been a bore but I actually really wanted to show off my new bedding so I knew I had to make a post. Ha, I don't know what that says about me, but at least I'm being truthful!

Also an update on the social media cleanse, I'm still going strong! I read this article on Buzzfeed and it made me even more curious about my technology habits! I actually got two of the apps they mention to record how many times I check my phone/how much time I've spent. I definitely think they'e a great idea; they're called "Checky" and "Moment." So far today I've checked my phone 30 times, and spent 22 minutes on it. However, I did wake up at 11 today and spent most of my day engrossed in Scandal so I think those numbers are quite a bit lower than my normal technological intake. But I'm intrigued to monitor my habits and see just how obsessed I am with my iPhone. 

Hope everyone has a great Monday! If you're heading back to work, I feel the struggle! And if you're lucky enough to still have time off then rock on! Have a wonderful start of the week. :)





6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous gifts! You are one lucky girl :)
    <3
    katsfashionfix.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thanks! I was so thrilled with my gifts this year. Hope you had a lovely holiday!

      xoLiz

      Delete
  2. I have been at home these days too! Hope you have a great time in this festive season!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so cold out (where I live anyway ha) that I rarely wanna leave the house! Hope you have a great season as well dear. :)

      xoLiz

      Delete
  3. That bedding is so nice! I'm jealous!
    http://whiteshirtchic.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh! Go to Target, I literally get all my bedding there. So affordable but it looks expensive. ;)

      xoLiz

      Delete