Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Beauty Tuesday - Lush Haul

I'm finally here for another beauty Tuesday - it's been so long!

I recently ordered a bunch of stuff from Lush that I've been trying out so I'm using this Lush Haul/Review as my beauty Tuesday post. :) Super excited to talk about all of these great products!



Let me first just say that I do realize Lush products are often a little pricey - I wouldn't generally buy this much at once for myself from there, but this was a Christmas present to myself of sorts. Winter is super hard on my skin and I figured organic products would probably be the best thing for it! So far, so good!

The items I ordered were:

Foot Lotion...obviously
This stuff works miracles. Honestly. I usually like to smother my feet with lotion (of any sort really) and put socks on to sleep to let it soak in overnight at least once a week. I'm trying to preserve the soft skin while I'm still young! Anyway, I tried that with this lotion and I swear when I woke up the next day my feet were the softest I've ever felt them. Unfortunately I still have an unsightly bruise on one of my toes from an incident in which I dropped a drawer on my foot but that's neither here nor there...Main point is I give this product 5 out of 5 stars and would totally recommend it. Only downside is it has a pretty peculiar smell, but once you put socks on that's eliminated.

Ocean Salt ($35.95 for 8.8oz)
Exfoliant
This is actually a re-purchase for me. The first time I visited a Lush store my mom was with me and she decided to buy Ocean Salt after we tried it in the store and I've been sharing with hers ever since, so I decided to get a larger one that she can share with me so we're even! This scrub is great because not only can you use it on your face - you can use it anywhere else you feel you need a little exfoliating as well. I like to exfoliate my legs, arms (specifically elbows) and face at least once a week. If you couldn't guess, this exfoliant smells just like the Ocean, being a Jersey girl the ocean is near and dear to my heart (although you'll never catch me swimming in it...) so this product is all around perfection for me. It's a little pricey but if you're up for a splurge I totally recommend it. And if you have sensitive skin like me and only exfoliate once a week, this will last you a good long time, even if you wanna share. :)

D'Fluff - ($16.95 for 5.2oz)
Shaving Cream
I have always had issues with razor burn for as long as I can remember. Just a side effect of having sensitive skin! So I decided since I was getting so many other products from Lush to try this shaving cream out, again my logic is always that organic is best. I use this shaving cream daily under my arms and it has kept me razor burn free since my first use! I find it works well on my legs as well - the only bad quality about this shaving cream is it's hard to get a lather while showering. You need to make sure you get your leg (or whatever you're shaving) relatively dry in order to spread the cream in a decent layer. However, the lack of razor burn definitely makes this product worthwhile for me.

Celebrate - ($32.95 for 7.7oz)
Body Lotion
I've been an avid user of Lush's Dream Cream for quite some time, but really wanted to try Celebrate out after watching Meg's (LaVitaDiMeg) vlog that included TONS of Lush items. She described Celebrate as being really citrus-y so I knew that I definitely wanted to try it out, especially since I've loved their other lotions so far. Celebrate is definitely a pretty thick lotion, but that's something I need during the winter months when my skin tends to stay on the dry side. I love the citrus smell since I usually put my lotion on after my morning showers, the fragrance definitely helps to wake you up a little (and I certainly need all the help I can get in that department.) I love this product and I find myself trying to use as little as possible each day in attempt to make it last!



Hope you enjoyed my rather lengthy Lush reviews! Overall I'm a big fan of Lush products - although I understand it can definitely be above many people's budgets. Heck it's even above my budget really! But to me, skin care is super important and worth the money. While you may be paying a slightly high price (as opposed to drug store brands) you definitely get a higher quality product. 

I'll be back tomorrow with my fashion post! I actually wore the outfit I'm gonna blog about to work today and I'm super excited to share it!


8 comments:

  1. Great reviews! I should definitely try some of these products :) Lush is great!
    <3
    katsfashionfix.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I highly recommend each of these products! They're a little pricey but totally worth it. :)

      xoLiz

      Delete
  2. Ocean Salt and Fair Trade Foot Lotion are two of my favourite Body products from Lush! ^ ^

    www.thedailydollyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad I gave the foot lotion a try...think it's literally changed my life! Haha :)

      xoLiz

      Delete
  3. I just picked up some of the Ocean Salt myself and I'm so excited to try it!
    I've got a Lush Haul over on my blog if you want to see what i picked up from the sales ^_^

    X

    Anjelique

    www.anjelique.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't Lush just the best! Heading over to check out your Lush post right now. :)

      xoLiz

      Delete
  4. Wow, nice haul! It's probably hard to believe, but I've never purchased anything from Lush...I'm missing out!!!
    xx
    Annie
    www.the-lostangeles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh! You should totally try something. Even just a lip balm - Honey Pot is my favorite. :)

    xoLiz

    ReplyDelete