Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Beauty Tuesdays - BH Cosmetics Palettes

Happy Tuesday dolls!

It was a lovely snow day for me, and we actually didn't get the crazy 18 inch amount of snow they were predicting us to get. And my neighbor, God bless his soul, did all our shoveling so I didn't have to worry about that. I had a very relaxing day watching Scandal, reading Allegiant, and catching up on some blog reading. Also I made cinnamon buns, because really what else do you do when you're stuck in the house besides make extremely unhealthy snacks? :)

Onto the beauty products...

I was so excited to FINALLY get my BH Cosmetics palettes in the mail last week after waiting literal weeks to get them ordering through Hautelook. Don't get me wrong, Hautelook is one of the best shopping platforms ever created, but the anticipation was really killing me with these. But, at long last, they finally arrived. And my life pretty much felt complete.



AHHH, isn't she a beauty?! *heart eyed emoji* 
I've been wanting one of these huge palettes for SO long. So when I saw these BH Cosmetics ones were on sale for practically dirt cheap on Hautelook I decided it was the best opportunity to finally get one. I knew that Nicole Guerriero uses BH Cosmetics products in her tutorials and they've been really amazing looks, so I knew I could expect a decent quality from this brand. I opted for the BH Day & Night 60 color palette. I loveee the variety in here. (Although I'm probably gonna use the warm/neutral tones for the most part because that's just what I do.) There's a mix of matte and shimmer shades as well, which is always a necessity in a palette for me. I'm excited to take a walk on the wild side and try some of the colors though - the turquoise and purple colors are definitely intriguing. I'll be sure to post some photos of the looks I create with this palette!




Since these palettes were so inexpensive I obviously had to snatch up a blush palette. I honestly just started wearing blush earlier this month - I would usually just opt for bronzing only. Now I've been trying out some soft contouring with bronzer and then popping a little blush on my cheekbones. I've been loving that look lately! I'm much more into the pinkier blushes and I've loved the ones in these palettes so far, they really brighten up the face! They stay put all day with a spritz of MAC Fix+ - so that's awesome. I was also thinking of using some of the darker and more bronzey tones for a slight contour. I'll definitely update if that works out. It would be great to get blush and contour shades out of this palette. 

Overall I think these palettes are definitely great value, they're still really inexpensive (as opposed to Urban Decay/Too Faced/high end makeup brands) even at full price on their website. They have tons of palettes available there and I'm actually thinking about getting some more! I would recommend these to anyone that's on a budget, you get tons of product for a small amount of money. I call that a win! :)

Do you guys have favorite palettes that you swear by? I would love to hear what palettes and brands other bloggers are currently loving, I'm always looking to try new products.

That's all for today folks! I'll be back tomorrow (or later in the week) with a fashion post! I swear I actually have one planned for this week! Talk to ya soon!


5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I highly recommend! They're amazing

      xoLiz

      Delete
  2. Ooo i love all of these colors! What a fun palette to play with, I can see why you got restless waiting for its arrival!
    <3
    katsfashionfix.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm loving it so far! Haven't had a chance to play with the more bolder colors but I made a great matte look with them!

      xoLiz

      Delete
  3. Here’s a new angle on beauty, now you can apply your favorite BH Cosmetics eye shadows with sleek precision. Check out here Online Shopping In Dubai

    ReplyDelete