Thursday, January 15, 2015

Liebster Award!


So, I have been nominated for a Liebster award by the lovely Klaudia @ Glamblink. (Thank you so much for the nomination!) At first I was like, what on Earth does this mean? But after some googling, I feel a bit more confident about it. Basically, a Liebster award is given to new bloggers by other new bloggers in effort to boost marketing for both their own blog and their nominees. I love that the blogging community is so helpful and gracious to one another. There are several variations of rules but this is the set I am following from Klaudia;
  • Link the person who nominated you.
  • Answer the questions given by the nominator.
  • Nominate 11 other bloggers who have less than 200 followers.
  • Create 11 questions for the nominees to answer.
  • Notify all nominees via social media/blogs.



My questions from Klaudia;
  1. What is your favourite lipstick? Bite Beauty VIB Rouge Créme Lipstick. (I actually blogged about it here.) I think this is the absolute perfect red. I only wish it was a regular color and not just something special for Sephora VIB Rouge members! I have the tiniest little tube and I must make it last.
  2. What is your day to day make-up? I usually wear Bengal from the Anastasia Tamanna palette in my crease, and a combination of Soft Matte Mid-tone Tan and Creamy Matte Beige from the Smashbox Mini Full Exposure palette on my lid. I use L'Oreal Infallible The Super Slim liquid liner to line just the top of my lid with a very small wing, and NYX Wonder Pencil in light on my water line. For mascara I wear Makeup Forever Smoky Extravagant Mascara. For under eye concealing I wear Benefit's Boing concealer in light. Then I just bronze with Too Faced Beach Bunny bronzer. Topped with MAC Fix+ spray. (A daily must!)
  3. If you had to choose one clothes shop to ever shop in, what would it be and why? I would probably choose Express, because they have both casual and dressier clothing.
  4. What is the best book you have ever read? This is tough because I love reading. The best book I've ever read is probably Looking for Alaska by John Green. It has comedy, tragedy, sadness and self-fulfillment elements - it's magnificent. The Perks of Being a Wallflower is another one of my absolute favorites. 
  5. What is your favourite beauty/fashion magazine? I actually don't really read magazines all that much, I prefer to read blogs and get inspiration from every day people. But if I have to choose I suppose I would choose Lucky. I very much enjoy browsing high end brands that I can't afford. Ha!
  6. What is the last picture you took of? I took a selfie in my cool new glasses! #aboutthatselfielife
  7. What do you value most in a person's character? Honesty. I pride myself on always being honest with others and very much need that in return in order to have any sort of relationship with someone.
  8. What is your favourite movie, and why? Without a doubt, It's Complicated. It contains the exact silly humor that I love so much. I adore Meryl Streep and her family in this movie seems so real. Steve Martin is absolutely hilarious and John Krasinski is adorable. I have watched this movie over 20 times and I will never tire of it.
  9. Can you solve a rubix cube? I definitely can not solve a rubix cube. (Although I haven't tried in years.) I did, however, think I was very clever as a child by taking the colored stickers off the cube and re-arranging them as if it had been solved and then telling my mother I solved it myself. LOL.
  10. What was your favorite birthday and why? I guess, by default, my favorite birthday was my 21st birthday, although I hardly remember the event. (Shots were taken...so many shots.) I was just back at college in September for my senior year, living with my best friends, and going out nearly every night. I look back very fondly on my memories of that entire year really.
  11. What are you going to do after you finish blogging? Probably going to read some more Allegiant before Parenthood comes on tonight at 10PM, can't believe it's almost all over!
My questions for my nominees;
  1. What made you start blogging?
  2. What's a skill you don't have, but really wish you did?
  3. What is your favorite quality about yourself? (Either looks-wise or personality-wise)
  4. What is your favorite makeup brand?
  5. What song are you embarrassed to have on your playlist?
  6. Have you stuck with your New Years' Resolutions thus far?
  7. Do you have any pets? If so, what are they and how long have you had them?
  8. What is your favorite show to binge-watch on Netflix?
  9. What is one thing people who know you would be surprised to find out about you?
  10. Macbook or PC?
  11. What is your favorite place you've ever been on vacation?
Can't wait to read everyone's answers to my questions! And I hope you enjoyed mine. Thanks again, Klaudia, for the nomination! Have a great weekend everyone!


10 comments:

  1. Haha! That's so funny that you took the stickers of the rubix cube, I had one that had coloured plastic on so you couldn't peel the stickers off, although I DID try to pop them off.

    Congrats on the nomination :)

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I remember thinking it was this really innovative idea. So silly! Thanks for reading. :)

      xoLiz

      Delete
  2. Aw no problem :) reading the answers of all nominees is so fun!
    Hmm the next book I'm going to read or listen on audible is Looking for Alaska, heard and read so many good reviews! I watched the perks of being a wallflower movie a while ago, and really liked it but as always I bet the book is better

    Klaudia x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looking for Alaska is such a great read, I think you'll really love it! I also wanna recommend The Spectacular Now (it's a bit similar) ! Happy reading! :)

      xoLiz

      Delete
  3. Thank you again for the nomination! So excited to post tomorrow :) btw- love your answer for #11 (of course). Tonight's episode was so SWEET! So many happy tears.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait to read your answers!! :) I truly think I have cried every episode of this show! Definitely going to have to get all the seasons on DVD once it's done - I won't be able to let them go! LOL

      xoLiz

      Delete
  4. Thank you for the nomination! Here is my response http://emmalcx.blogspot.co.uk/2015/01/liebster-award.html

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course! Looking forward to seeing your blog grow! Going to check out your post right now - hope you enjoyed answering the q's!

      xoLiz

      Delete
  5. Congrats! It's Complicated is one of my favorite movies too ;)
    <3
    katsfashionfix.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Love that movie so much. :)

      xoLiz

      Delete