Monday, January 12, 2015

Music Monday - From Fall Out Boy to Dashboard Confessional

Hellooo good people of the internet. Hope your Monday was just barrels of fun, cause I know mine was! *Note the heavy sarcasm* Nothing like waking up on a Monday morning to the cold and rainy weather...sigh, winter. Not to mention I've been feeling quite sniffly like a cold is creeping up on me for a couple days now. Gotta kick up the vitamin C intake! 

ANYWHO - we're here to discuss some music, so let's launch into it.

Centuries - Fall Out Boy
I've been a fan of Fall Out Boy since "Sugar We're Goin' Down." Don't lie, you know that song is classic as hell. In fact, I saw Fall Out Boy on tour with Paramore this past summer and they were awesome! Pete Wentz likes to go off on little motivational tangents, but the actual performance is pretty sweet and Patrick Stump sings just amazingly live as he does recording. Centuries is definitely the kind of pop-punk tune to pump you up on a day (such as today...) where you don't feel like getting out of bed. 
Favorite Lyric; "And this is supposed to match the darkness that you felt. I never meant for you to fix yourself."



Dreaming - Smallpools
I have to admit I'm a sucker for the electric pop trend, which is probably why I love this song so much. I jam out to it pretty intensely whilst at work. It's just a feel good, happy go lucky song that you can't help but bop along to when you hear it. I unfortunately can't comment on any other songs by Smallpools, who I've actually never heard of aside from this song. Maybe I should check out more of their songs since I like this one so much? I'll get back to you if there's more favs where this one came from!
Favorite Lyric; "The world is in your palm now, so take a breath and calm down."



You Know Me - Air Traffic Controller
This is such a sweet song, it almost makes me wish I was in love. But truthfully I just don't got time fo dat. But seriously, this is a really cute kind of singer/songwriter/alternative (can you tell I don't really know how to categorize this...?) song. I have always loved songs with two singers who are kind of having a dialogue back and forth, it makes it feel all the more real and tangible. So give it a listen, I hope you like this adorable song as much as I do!
Favorite Lyric; "You know how hard it can be to go on chasing something. This could amount to nothing when it's all said and done."



Throwback time guys!

Ghost of a Good Thing - Dashboard Confessional
Nothing epitomizes the early 2000's more than Dashboard Confessional. And as I mentioned in my last post, I've been watching Laguna Beach, so naturally they played this song during a montage of Stephen and Kristin and I got all the feels. This was my absolute favorite song by Dashboard Confessional and it was definitely my MySpace song for quite some time. Nothing like some nostalgia, click play!
Favorite Lyric; "Maybe it's love, but it's like you said, 'love is like a role that we play.'"




Hope you enjoyed this Music Monday's selections. I had such a fun time thinking of these songs and I'm really happy they aren't the same old songs that you hear on the radio every day. (Well, Centuries might be, but everything else is a little more alternative ;) ) I'll be back tomorrow with some beauty favorites! 


4 comments:

  1. I was JUST listening to Centuries - such a good song! Enjoy the rest of your week :)
    <3
    katsfashionfix.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gets me so pumped up! You too!! :)

      xoLiz

      Delete
  2. What a great idea for posts :) love discovering new music


    I have nominated you for the Liebster Award, check out my post on http://glamblink.blogspot.co.uk/ and remember to have a look at the rules :)

    Klaudia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow thank you!! I am going to go check out that post once I am done writing my new one. :)

      xoLiz

      Delete