Wednesday, January 7, 2015

On Wednesday's We Wear... Preppy McPrepster

Hey dolls! And happy hump day! We're almosttt there - the weekend is in sight!

And so is my fashion post!

This week's look is another one appropriate for a business casual office environment. And it's super preppy anddd I totally love it. I'm really into layering cardigans over collared shirts these days, so many different combos! Also this necklace is one of my favorite things to ever happen to me. I ordered it on a whim when I got an email blast from Kate Spade about a 75% off sale - it was a STEAL. :)



Sweater - J.Crew Factory
I actually totally wasn't supposed to wash and dry this sweater, but I did and now it's a tad bit smaller than it was originally...but anyway it still serves it's purpose! Just a plain magenta-y pink sweater. It's partially wool so that's why I wasn't supposed to dry it and now it has a couple pulls around the edges of the sleeves and neck hole...but that's easily fixed with a collared shirt over the neck hole and sleeves folded!

Collared Shirt - Nordstrom
I pretty much did the same thing with this shirt so it's a little bit smaller than it's actually supposed to be. (Read directions people...read directions!) This is just a plain white collared shirt, it's a bit sheer so it really is only meant to go under sweaters, with 3/4 sleeves - it goes perfect with 3/4 sleeves of this sweater.

Skinny Fit Dress Pants - Macy's
I finally found petite size dress pants that are skinny fit (#thestruggle) at Macy's by a brand called "Alfani" - never heard of it but I absolutely love these pants. This pair is charcoal and I also own them in black and burgundy! They're mid/high wasted, skinny fit dress pants, with a pleat going down each leg. Totally office appropriate while being stretchy and comfortable.

Patent Wedges - Chinese Laundry
I love wearing heels to work, but actual heels are pretty much torture for your poor feetsies so wedges are my happy compromise. These patent nude wedges are relatively short at about 3 inches, but are super comfortable and easy to walk in. I swear by Chinese Laundry patent wedges - I have a pair of black open toed ones that are great for the summer time. :) 

Earrings, necklace, and watch - Kate Spade



Hope you enjoyed this edition of On Wednesday's We Wear...! I hope everyone has a fabulous rest of the week. I'll be back Sunday with my weekend recap...although I have a strong feeling this horrifically cold weather will render me to my couch/bed all weekend. We shall see! Have fun out there guys!


5 comments:

  1. Love these layers! I just posted a very similar outfit on my blog - looks like great minds think alike ;)
    <3
    katsfashionfix.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! That's too funny. Heading over to check it out now. :)

      xoLiz

      Delete
  2. love everything! great photos :D

    Visit my blog? xx Miss Beatrix (http://missbeatrix.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! :) Glad you stopped by to read! Heading over to your blog now.

      xoLiz

      Delete
  3. love everything! great photos :D

    Visit my blog? xx Miss Beatrix (http://missbeatrix.com)

    ReplyDelete