Sunday, January 11, 2015

Sunday Funday - Dark Hair & Spectacles

Hey guyzzz. Sadly we have reached the end of another weekend and are about ready to embark on a new (and full, sigh) week at work. However, I enjoyed my weekend and feel pretty recharged for the week. 

Let's recap, shall we?

Friday night I kept it super lowkey and just headed out with a friend to get our nails done. I hadn't had them done all week so they were feeling pretty naked/weird. Does anyone else feel that way? I've kept my nails painted (be it regular nail polish or gels) 24/7 for like, years now. But I found the cutest color! It's super bronze/glittery in the light, but has a purple-y undertone in lowlight. I've never seen any other colors like it! After nails we headed to the food store to grab ingredients for Spinach Artichoke dip. We cooked that up right quick and settled in with some Arbor Mist to watch Laguna Beach for the night. We've reached season 2, so you know sh*t is getting pretty real. #teamLC 



Saturday I headed out to an eye doctor appointment because it turns out I haven't been there in over a year and I'm blind as a bat. Haha. So I had an exam done, got some contacts and got fitted for a new pair of glasses. I've been wanting some new ones for awhile now - something a little more fashion forward, and I found the PERFECT ones. I was so excited about them! Burberry for the win!




I also decided I needed a bit of a change with my hair on Saturday as well, so I went super dark brown. I used Garnier's Olia dye in the color Darkest Brown. I was going for a pretty black look, but have been told by hairdressers not to use actual black dye on my hair, as it's the hardest to get out and dye over. (Although I don't know how much safer dark brown, almost black is, but I try!) I'm super pleased with how it turned out. It completely covered my grown out highlights and ombré so that was great. I'll probably go over it with the same color again in about a month to make sure all the blonde is covered and I'll stick with this color for the remainder of the winter. After our hair dying extravaganza we headed out to Stagehouse, because I literally never go anywhere else and had a bite to eat and a glass of wine. Just keepin' it classy these days.



Today I woke up at 8 am with the most horrible headache ever so I pretty much laid low for the day. Watched some more Scandal; I can't say how impressed I am with this show. Every episode I watch I think to myself "how do they come up with this stuff?" all the mysteries are so interwoven, it's truly amazing how well-written it is. Also tonight I made cinnamon buns that looked and smelled like absolute heaven. It's the little things in life, people.



Good luck with Monday! I'll be back with some songs tomorrow. Agh, I haven't even thought about my selections! Guess I'll think about that while I go hop in the shower right now. Haha. Here's hoping everyone has a good, productive week!


6 comments:

  1. Very cute new glasses! I definitely need to get my nails done too - I ALWAYS have them painted. The color you picked is beautiful!
    <3
    katsfashionfix.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I seriously feel so odd whenever they AREN'T painted. Like a part of me is missing. Haha!

      xoLiz

      Delete
  2. love your new glasses! you also have amazing eyebrows hah I'm jealous. would be really great if you could check out my fashion blog? :)

    Istylethereforeiiwear

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness! Thank you! I'm heading over to check out your blog now. :)

      xoLiz

      Delete
  3. Cute nails! Love the colour and that bun looks devilishly good xx Yuki

    www.yukidoes.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Cinnabons are certainly my favorite guilty pleasure. :)

      xoLiz

      Delete