Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Beauty Tuesday (...on a Wednesday) - Too Faced & Soap & Glory

Guys! I came down with a sinus infection that hit pretty hard yesterday so I had to take a minor break. :( BUT, I'm back today! Not in tip top shape by any means, but well enough to keep my eyes open for an hour to blog about my latest beauty purchases. (Binges really...my shopping has gotten out of control...)
Apparently, I've recently lost my mind and think I'm made of money...but you only live once, am I right? 

The first purchase I want to share with everyone is this AMAZING Too Faced Better Than Chocolate box I ordered. Just to give you an example of how insane I am; I was getting ready to go to sleep one night while mindlessly scrolling through Instagram and Too Faced posted about this fantastic deal on the Home Shopping Network...and I actually jumped out of my bed and got on my laptop to order it. Yep, that level of insanity. Anyway, this whole set was only $49...that's the regular price of the palette alone so I feel like I got a steal! I actually just got this hours ago when I got home from work so I don't have much of a review on anything, but I just HAD to share how gorgeous it is and how adorable the packaging was. I've been loving Too Faced for quite some time now and swear by my Snow Bunny bronzer so I have no doubts that this set will be just as great.





Second thing I want to mention tonight is a mini Sephora haul that I received today as well. I was in desperate need of body lotion so I figured I'd make it worth my while and ordered a couple extra things as well. (Obviously I'm a VIB Rouge so I get free shipping...again, I'm insane.) 

Last time I was in Sephora I bought the little baby version of Soap & Glory's The Righteous Butter and I was nothing short of amazed by it. It's a nice thick butter with a pleasant clean scent - it's absolutely perfect for these winter months when your skin is screaming for moisture. I'm so glad to have the full size to use daily now! The next thing I ordered was Dr. Andrew Weil for Origins Mega-Bright Dark Circle Minimizer. This was a total splurge but I recently used a free sample of this and truly saw an improvement in my under eye circles, so I decided to take the plunge and buy this. I've discovered that my dark circles are so bad lately that I'm not able to leave my house barefaced anymore, at the very least I need a BB cream otherwise I look like a walking, talking skull. HA. Lastly I ordered Soap & Glory's Sexy Mother Pucker XL plumping lip gloss on a complete whim. Back in the day I used to swear by Jessica Simpson's lipgloss plumper. (PLEASE tell me there's someone else out there that remembers these things?!) So I decided I'd give this one a try, I just put it on a few minutes ago and I see slight change, nothing too noticeable though. I think it would be a nice base under a dark colored lipstick though, just for that little extra ooomf. 





And that's all folks! I'll be back later in the week at some point to detail an #ootw for you guys. I have no ideas yet so I hope something comes to me in the near future... Winter is so hard because I feel like all I do is wear sweaters! I'm trying to come up with something nice and original...wish me luck! Have a great rest of the week beauties! 

4 comments:

  1. lucky! I so badly want the chocolate palette! But we don't have two faced in Australia. To buy it we have to sell our souls plus shipping. prices are so high here

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a total bummer! Hopefully Too Faced works on that so they can broaden their sales. It's a beautiful pallete, but definitely quite pricey.

      xoLiz

      Delete
  2. I don't have many Too Faced products at all but I definitely want to give them a whirl. This whole set looks amazing! Hope you feel better soon too!
    <3
    katsfashionfix.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am really enjoying the palette so far! Great quality, I recommend it. :) And thank you!

      xoLiz

      Delete