Monday, February 2, 2015

Music Monday - From Sam Smith to Nicki Minaj

Hello there blog friends! Hope everyone had a good Monday! It was snowy/rainy/cold mess up in NJ but I managed to make it to and from work pretty unscathed, and I even got out a half hour early today. :) Ugh, truly can't wait for winter to be over. Apparently the groundhog saw it's shadow, so six more weeks of winter but I don't trust that Punxsutawney Phil anyway...
And now for my weekly playlist! 


Time of Our Lives - Pitull & Ne-Yo
I've embarrassingly been LOVING this song since I heard it a few weeks ago... I claim to hate Pitbull every chance I get, but then find myself singing along to his songs, I can't figure it out either. They're just so catchy and infectious. Also, I love Ne-Yo, I think he has one of the greatest voices. I'm always a big fan of rap songs with r&b hooks. This is a great pre-gaming song too, I imagine co-eds all over are downing shots of Popov to this on thirsty Thursdays.
Favorite Lyric; "But every day above ground is a great day, remember that."
  
Love Me Like You Do - Ellie Goulding
I'm actually a pretty big fan of Ellie Goulding, I love how unique her voice is. This song is actually for the new Fifty Shades of Gray movie coming out. (Which I find myself mildly excited about...I couldn't get myself through the book so hopefully the movie is better.) Anyway, this is a pop ballad about love. (Obviously...) But, I think it's a lovely song speaking to the desperation of love and Ellie sounds great singing it.
Favorite Lyric; "You're the cure, you're the pain. You're the only thing I wanna touch, never knew that it could mean so much."
Only - Nicki Minaj, Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown
I don't really know what it is about Nicki Minaj that keeps me coming back for more. I was a huge fan of hers during the "Superbass" era and then stopped listening to her for quite some time and now I'm really into this song. I also love Drake so his verse also influences my love for this song. It has quite a bit of graphic language...but if you can look past that it's pretty catchy and has a great beat.
Favorite Lyric; "I don't f*ck with them chickens unless they last name is cut-let."


Like I Can - Sam Smith
Obviously Sam Smith can do no wrong. He's on top of the world right now and is even bffs with the Kardashians! But really, his voice is downright magical and every new song I hear of his I love even more than the last. Such a great pop song, and it's a bit more upbeat than I'm Not The Only One. It's a must on every playlist I've been creating!
Favorite Lyric; "There may be lovers who hold out their hands, but they'll never love you like I can, can, can."


Hope you enjoyed this edition of Music Monday! I'll be back tomorrow with some beauty favorites. I recently ordered some more stuff from Lush so their Valentine's exclusives may or may not be a topic tomorrow. We shall see! Enjoy the rest of your Monday night! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment