Monday, February 9, 2015

Music Monday - From Sam Tsui to Omarion

Okay so I could barely pull myself away from YouTube to write this blog post because I just made the best recent discovery that is Sam Tsui (thanks Nicole!)...whom will be making an appearance on this week's edition of Music Monday. Anyway, hope everyone had as good a Monday as possible! Day one down of the work week!



Thinking Out Loud/I'm Not The Only One Mashup - Sam Tsui & Casey Breves
Okay, so Sam Tsui is a YouTube cover artist with the voice of an ACTUAL angel. Honestly...I don't remember the last time I was this floored by someone's vocals. They're flawless and I've been sitting here near tears watching him for the past hour. So that's pretty much where I'm at right now. My friend sent me a link to this cover and it was just all over from there. Both Sam Tsui and Casey Breve's have BEAUTIFUL voices and this cover mashup is possibly the best thing to happen to me in my life. (Of course anything involve Ed Sheeran is wondrous to me) Sorry for being so dramatic...
Favorite Lyric; "Maybe we found love right where we are."



Worth It - Fifth Harmony
I've been a fan of Fifth Harmony after they miraculously jumped ahead of the group Emblem 3 on the last season of X Factor we had here in the US. I love their cute little girl power vibe. They seem like sweet girls, they have fantastic fashion sense, and amazing voices - what more can one really want in a girl group?! This song actually features a little rap break with Kid Ink which gives this pop/r&b song a little kick. I love the beat of this one, makes me feel sassy. Let's not forget the lyrics are pretty empowering as well, give it to me I'm worth it!
Favorite Lyric; "I may talk a lot of stuff, guaranteed I can back it up."




Nobody Love - Tori Kelly
I'm pretty sure Tori just released this new single last night and it's fire. I wrote about Tori Kelly on here already but this song definitely warrants me mentioning her again. Her voice is pretty unparalleled. As I mentioned before she actually sounds the same in her recordings and she does in real life...and she belts out some pretty crazy notes in this song. This is a great pop song with a little bit of a r&b/old school undertone. It's been out for a day and I'm already obsessed...so let that speak for itself.
Favorite Lyric; "I should be more cynical and tell myself it's not okay, to feel this good when I'm with you."



Post To Be - Omarion, Chris Brown & Jhene Aiko
I've been obsessed with this song for a little while now. I don't know what it is lately, rap and r&b songs are just really my thing right now! I don't know about you guys but watching Love and Hip Hop Hollywood is one of my favorite past times and Omarion just so happens to star on that "reality" show, so I actually found it a little laughable when I fell in love with this song. But there's no denying Omarion is pretty much what r&b is all about it. Jhene Aiko is also pretty great, I love her light and effortless voice. Chris Brown is a great singer as well...but I can't really stand him otherwise. :)




Hope you enjoy all my music choices this week! I'm gonna make this ending short and sweet so I can catch The Foster's on ABC Family and then dive back into watching more Sam Tsui videos on YouTube...looks like it's going to shape up to be a great night for me! Ha.


No comments:

Post a Comment