Sunday, February 15, 2015

Sunday Funday - Valentine's #OOTD & Super Mini Mall Haul

Hi lovies! I hope everyone had a great Valentine's weekend, whether it be with a significant other, friends, or family! Valentine's Day isn't just about people who are relationships - it's about celebrating love. I wasn't able to spend Valentine's Day with the person I'd really like to due to geographical restrictions, but I was more than happy to spend it with my friends, whom I love very much!

But first, let me tell ya'll about my Friday night. My friend Sara and I thought it would be a delightful idea to try out a healthy pasta recipe to pair with our wine and The Hills viewing. So I picked up the necessary ingredients after work and headed home to meet up with Sara and get our chef on. What we didn't realize was that the recipe was going to turn out AWFUL. Like I mean, it wasn't just bad, it was downright horrendous. I don't necessarily think we did anything wrong, I think the recipe just wasn't what we liked AT ALL. I mean, truthfully it smelled like feet so I'm not sure who exactly WOULD like this recipe, but different strokes for different folks I suppose. So we had to ditch that dish and eat egg rolls and baked Lays...so much for being healthy. The wine was still great though, so that's the most important thing. And The Hills...you kind of forget how completely ridiculous Lauren Conrad once was these days because now she has it all together, but back in 2006 homegirl was driving the struggle bus. 

Saturday aka the day of love I did what I love the most in this world...went shopping! I'll detail my little festive #ootd here for you. I didn't have time to make it it's own post yesterday so it's just going to be sandwiched in my weekend recap. 

Sweater - LC by Lauren Conrad
Jeans - Topshop
Boots - Ugg
Bag - Rebecca Minkoff
Watch - Marc by Marc Jacobs




And I've got a tiny little very mini haul for you as well! 
I've been wanting some new sweats from Victoria's Secret for a bit but just never got around to getting any. I love having matching sets! So I picked up the cheapest pair I could find (which were still $75...) But I love them a lot! Rocking them as I blog actually. 


And then obviously you know I had to get something in Sephora... I had a gift card from Christmas I had totally forgot about so I figured I might as well put it to good use! I knew that I wanted to get a palette but I just couldn't figure out what one I wanted to get! My friend actually suggested I get the Naked3 palette and me being the makeup junkie I am I was in no place to argue! It had the best colors of the 3 Naked pallets in my opinion and I'm so excited to finally own a Naked palette! I got a baby Glamglow as well, the ThirstyMud one, which I haven't yet tried and have been meaning to. And last but not least I got some mini versions of OCC Lip Tars. I've been hearing so many great things about OCC lately and I liked the light and dark pinks that came in this little mini set so I decided to give it a try. Maybe they'll pop up in a beauty Tuesday soon! :)



Saturday night I went out to dinner with a group of friends at where else, Stagehouse! We had a lovely dinner and even dessert, because hello it was Valentine's day! I got an amazing pre-dinner cocktail also - a watermelon cosmo. It tasted like a jolly rancher and only one of them got me a little tipsy. So while the drink might be a little dangerous for lightweights like myself, it was absolutely delicious. After dinner we were cliche and went to see Fifty Shades of Grey. I actually hadn't bought into the hype and never finished the first book. I found Anastasia's infatuation with Christian a little unorthodox, to say the least. The movie was pretty decent, I feel the acting and casting was done really well. And I'm certainly not going to say I don't enjoy viewing Jamie Dornan for over two hours... I also discovered I'm very immature as I had some sort of comment for just about every scene. Haha. I'm just a child at heart! However, I just don't love the story line that much. I think if Ana just got some more self-respect or was more sure of herself she'd either set Christian in his place, or realize she deserves to love someone that loves her the same. And also doesn't get pleasure out of putting her in pain. BUT that's just me. I am however very intrigued to know the reason why Christian Grey is the way he is. 

So that's pretty much my weekend in a nutshell. Today I didn't really do much, it is VERY cold and VERY windy outside so I just bummed around the house pretty much. I have the day off of work tomorrow for Presidents' Day, so it'll be nice to have another day to relax and not have to be at the office. I hope everyone has a good Monday tomorrow and I'll be back to detail some of my favorite songs, I'm super excited as I have quite a few I'm really loving these days!


6 comments:

  1. Isn't Naked 3 just the best? I love your heart sweater :)
    <3
    katsfashionfix.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just used it for the first time this morning and I'm in love! Such a great palette! And thanks! :)

      xoLiz

      Delete
  2. I’ve nominated you for a Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award!
    Check out the rules on my blog: http://www.amandasays.org.uk/2015/02/sisterhood-of-the-world-bloggers-award/ Thank you! Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow thank you so much! I'll be sure to check that out and participate! :) Appreciate it!

      xoLiz

      Delete