Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Beauty Tuesday - Drybar & Kat Von D

Finally made a Beauty Tuesday post on an actual Tuesday! Quite proud right now. I'm so excited to share these recent beauty gems I have found with you all. So, let's just dive right in! I'm so excited I actually have 3 products to share with you because I love them all that much and can't wait.

Boscia Super-Charge Overnight Moisture
First of all, I have to say I'm a huge fan of Boscia in general, as a brand. I used 500 of my VIB points at Sephora to get a Boscia set and it was on of the best things I've ever gotten! Before this super-charge overnight moisturizer I was using their oil-free nightly hydration, which is definitely a great  light nightly moisturizer for those without problem skin. However, my skin gets so incredibly dried out from the winter that I needed something a little more heavy duty for the time being. This is absolutely great! It's definitely super moisturizing (much like the name of the product boasts!) It's especially wonderful because it's a thicker moisturizer that really replenishes the moisture in your skin, but it's thin enough that it doesn't feel like you're slathering your face with a paste that will never soak into your skin. If you're suffering from dry winter skin I certainly recommend this for nighttime moisture. It's one of the more affordable night creams from Sephora at $36. (I plan to save money on skin products during the summer when I can rely on my trusty Aveeno. :) )




drybar Detox Dry Shampoo
drybar is another brand that I'm just a huge fan of as a whole. Their products smell SO DARN GOOD. The first time I used this dray shampoo I would run my hand through my hair and be like, "what is that amazing smell? Is that me? My perfume doesn't smell like that..." then I realized it was just this bottled amazingness. So that's pretty much that. While on the more expensive side, I decided I'd try out this mini size of drybar's dry shampoo because I'm a user (and probably abuser) of dry shampoo on the reg. There's no chore in the world worse for me than washing my hair. I hate the whole having to dry it and THEN having to figure out if I should curl or straighten it. And the damage that causes...yikes. So I prefer to wash my hair once or twice a week and use a dry shampoo on the other days. I realize this won't work for everybody, but I try to keep the heat product using to a minimum as much as possibe... This is no miracle worker, and if you're on a budget, by all means buy some Batiste dry shampoo (the usual budget brand I stick to) but if you're looking to splurge on something that smells like heaven in a bottle unleashes on your hair roots - get this stuff, you won't regret it!



Kat Von D Shade + Light Palette
Eeek! I saved the best for last! I got this palette last week and I have been utterly obsessed with it since. Obsessed enough to post a Snap chat story video...but anyway. This palette really is everything they say it is. Now that I have this and do a slight contour every day, I truly think there is no turning back. The shades last all day on my face. (With a little spritz of Mac Fix+ because, obviously) This is the perfect contouring palette for a beginner, which I still consider myself in terms of makeup. I've literally learned everything I know about makeup from YouTube! Seriously, if you want to learn quick just YouTube whatever you want to know! Meg aka ciaoobelllaxo and Casey Holmes aka itsbl0ndie are two of my fav beauty YouTubers. This palette actually comes with a little card that teaches you the best ways to contour your cheeks, forehead, and nose. It is literally fool-proof! There's also a contour brush by Kat Von D that you can purchase as well, one side is an angled brush and the other side is a fluffier one to apply the highlights. I have been absolutely loving this palette and I think it's worth every penny - so if you're on the fence about this one, definitely go for it.



Just wanted to show the first contour I did - told you it's fool-proof!

And that is all I got for this edition of Beauty Tuesday. I hope you enjoyed my reviews of these products. I love sharing my favorite products so everyone can know what's what! I'll be back later on this week with an #ootw. I swear I will do one this week! Now that I have some new ripped up boyfriend jeans I'm thinking I'll have to post an outfit with them... :) We'll see! Have a great rest of the week everyone! I'll be enjoying the finally non-frigid temps!


1 comment:

  1. the shade light looks GORGEOUS! I can so see me using the colours for my crease. I use anything that is crease colour for my crease. nek minute will be using foundation ahhahaha hopefully not :/

    https://www.bloglovin.com/people/manishaanwari2-11510825

    ReplyDelete