Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Beauty Tuesday (On a Wednesday) - Ulta Matte Lip Creams

Hellooo dolls. Yes, we are a day behind on the schedule this week. Sorry about that! Please refer to yesterday's post to see what a trying week it's been so far for me. Lol. But I'm fine now, thank the good lord. And here to bring you a beauty fav! I know I usually like to mention two or three products but I really only have one this week (that I quite love might I add!) in two colors. So that counts, right? :)

Ulta Matte Lip Cream
So I have to admit that I only bought these because Casey Holmes (aka itsbl0ndie) did a video on them, otherwise I would have never known of their existence. BUT, thank god I do because they're just wonderful! I actually only decided to try these out because I had to order my favorite liquid eyeliner from Ulta and needed to spend $50 to get free shipping. (You know how you just HAVE to do that? It feels useless if you don't!) These bad boys are $9 a piece, which I think is a bargain. There's a lot of product in them and one application literally lasts you all day. I put mine on before I left for work at 8 and it was still on (for the most part - I did eat and drink during the day) when I left at 5PM! My only problem with these is that they do take quite a bit to dry to matte, I'd say about 10 minutes, and with a darker color it's kind of hard as it can get messy if you aren't just sitting there with your mouth open waiting for it to dry. Which is both hard and awkward to do. Lol. I have not yet worn Tender (pictured below) but it's more of a neutral color so I imagine it will be great for spring and summer! Provided spring/summer EVER arrive in the New Jersey... 



Also, as I've mentioned before, I'm quite pale, so I wanted to show a picture displaying the darker color on a lighter complexion. Personally, I think darker colors look better on paler skin - they stand out more. Just in case any pale gals out there are nervous about dark lip colors. :) 



And that's this week's beauty post for you! I'm trying to spend less money so I'm going to have to brain storm about all of my products to figure out which ones to share with you... Lord knows even without buying new ones all the time I have a ton to share. I haven't even touched the products I got in that Birchbox special from Gilt! That's an idea... Anyway, hope everyone had a good hump day and a great rest of the week. We're almost there you guys! :) Enjoy!


4 comments:

  1. I love this brand! I got their matte lipstick and then for a MAC lipstick. they're dupes! So an amazing brand

    https://www.bloglovin.com/people/manishaanwari2-11510825

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never tried the brand before, but I'm so glad I did! Definitely will be trying more.

      xoLiz

      Delete
  2. I usually don't like anything from the ULTA brand, I don't know why but to me it just doesn't seem like good quality. But I have been obsessing over lip products lately, and this looks great!

    Ree / coffeewithree.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd never tried any before but I am really loving these! Totally try them out - there's a ton of colors!

      xoLiz

      Delete