Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Music Monday (On a Tuesday) - From Fifth Harmony to Matt Nathanson

Hi ya'llll. Sorry, I fell off the wagon a bit this week as I fell pretty ill last night. I took the day off from work since I had a doctor appointment early in the morning and then later in the afternoon I developed a headache which just got worse and worse until I was nauseous and just totally out of it. :( I ended up going to sleep at 7, waking up to get sick for about an hour, and then wait right back to sleep. I woke up feeling pretty bad still, but the headache finally subsided around 4PM today and I'm well enough to write a short Music Monday (or Tuesday rather...) post! I love these songs so much I had to share them as soon as possible! So here we go!

Like Mariah - Fifth Harmony
To say I'm obsessed with this song would be a complete understatement. I literally can't stop listening to it. Every time I open up Spotify I listen to this song. Every. Single. Time. There's nothing I love more than a great, catchy pop song. They sampled Always Be My Baby, by Mariah Carey (obviously...) and it's just SO GOOD. I could probably do without Tyga's completely pointless rap break in the middle...but besides that this song is getting a 10 out of 10 in my book. Doo doo UH.
Favorite Lyric; "Cause all I want is you. When you do it like this, I just lose my cool."



Where Are Ü Now - Jack Ü (Justin Bieber, Diplo, Skrillex)
Apparently dance music is a really huge thing now, cause that seems to be the entirety of Spotify's Today's Hits playlist, not that I'm complaining! I love to listen to music that makes me wanna dance while I'm at work, gives me a little more energy to do what I need to do! I've already voiced how much I like Justin Bieber...which I know is not the popular opinion. I just think he's talented and I seem to like every song he's on! If you aren't a fan just give this one a chance, it's not bad I SWEAR.
Favorite lyric; "I gave you the key when the door wasn't open, just admit it."



Lean On - Major Lazer (MØ, DJ Snake)
Continuing on with the dance tracks...I love this song mostly because Major Lazer is totally amazing. If you didn't know he's behind the song Pon De Floor. And if you don't know that song you need to just exit this blog RIGHT now and go listen to it. The ultimate party song. Moving on - this song is just great. MØ has a great voice in my opinion. She's the one singing on Beg For It with Iggy Azalea, if you aren't familiar. Anyway, if you're into dance music of any nature I highly suggest this track.
Favorite Lyrics; "We were bold and young. All around the wind blows. We would only hold on to let go."



Headphones - Matt Nathaonson (LOLO)
Anddd we're off the dance tracks and onto the singer/songwriter songs. I've been a fan of Matt Nathanson for quite some time. (Kinks Shirt is a GREAT song...and video) Anyway this is another song off of Spotify's MUSIC YOU SHOULD KNOW playlist. Which everyone should check out, because, well, it's music you should know. Anyway, this is a great alternative/pop (not even sure how to categorize this one) song. I've never heard LOLO before, but she's great as the female voice in this song and it blends really well with Matt Nathanson's smooth voice. Definitely check this one out! Also please watch the video, Matt Nathanson actually made this video to help raise awareness and funds for people with hearing loss. 100% of the artist and label proceeds from this video are being donated to to Starkey Hearing Foundation. Click here for more information. 
Favorite Lyric; "Everybody wants to be with me. I got all I need. I feel invincible with my headphones on."


And that's it for Music Monday aka Tuesday today. Hope you enjoyed this week's playlist. :)


4 comments:

  1. Cool song reviews I haven't listened to any of them but I will definitely download some now.

    www.girlcandress.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I highly recommend all of them! :)

      xoLiz

      Delete
  2. awesome blog! i really enjoyed reading this post :D keep up the great work, I'm a fan!

    xoxo Jealsea

    www.omgyousassqueen.blogspot.co.at

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I really appreciate it! :)

      xoLiz

      Delete