Friday, April 10, 2015

Fearful Friday - Things I'm Afraid To Tell You

So I've been struggling with what else to write about this week, since I've obviously failed at doing a beauty post. Literally, I just forgot all about it. It's hard to get excited to write about products that aren't new! As I've mentioned before, I've been trying to save money for a vacation this summer with my mom, so no new and exciting products to write about. 

However, I've thought about doing a little series of all my favorite essential beauty products, from moisturizers, to face washes, to mascara and blush. Perhaps I'll stop being lazy and get a handle on that soon! I've just been in a funk lately because the weather is STILL cold. They keep saying it will be 70 and it never is, it's just cloudy, wet and cold. It's gotten to the point where it's actually making me depressed and all I can think about is getting home to my bed. I have no motivation to be productive in any way. Please pray New Jersey gets an ACTUAL spring soon!

Anyway, I'm going to be writing a bit of a personal post inspired by Two Thirds Hazel. She posted "Things I'm Afraid To Tell You" today and I immediately felt inspired. I don't often like to write about my personal life on here, but every now and again I find it therapeutic. Here goes nothin'!


- I don't have a five year/ten year/any year plan actually and it scares the CRAP out of me. I always imagined by 25 I'd have the rest of my life planned out. (I have 6 months until I'm 25, maybe I'll figure it out within these next 6 months. JKLOL)

- My anxiety holds me back quite a bit, the possibility of failing at something I try is almost too much for me bear. I have so many ideas and plans that I often don't follow through with because I don't know if they'll work out.

- I judge people far too harshly. It's something I really try to work on, and try to remind myself everyone has been through different experiences and taught different things. There are so many different people in this world, not everyone has the same mindset that I do.

- Sometimes I would just rather stay at home and watch Netflix with my cat than go out and be surrounded by drunks at a crowded bar. (Especially so in the winter... which has apparently lasted until April. Lovely.)

- I'm afraid I may never find the right person for me. Or even worse, I've already let them go.

- I have just recently realized that I don't think I believe in God. I have always had something against organized religion, mostly because I have met many "religious" people that seem to portray the exact opposite of what they preach. I know this certainly doesn't ring true for everyone that is religious, and if that's something you're passionate about, than so be it! For me, it just isn't something I can be into.

- I don't take my health seriously at all. And I wish I did. I hate going to the doctor, I don't eat nearly as balanced a diet as I should, and I rarely exercise. I always have these ideas that I'm going to finally get on the ball, but my laziness always wins that battle.

- I have an actual obsession with my phone. I press the home button just about every 15 minutes while I'm at work to check if anyone has texted, snapped, tweeted, etc. I hate that I have this attachment to something so superficial. What's even worse is that I've tried several times to become less attached and I haven't been successful yet. 

- I don't think I'm GREAT at anything. I don't feel that I have one particular skill that I'm extremely confident about. I think I have a good fashion sense, I'm good at my makeup, I'm a good writer, I'm a good conversationalist, I take good pictures, I sing good...but I'm not great at any of these things. 

- I find emotions to be one of the scariest things in the world to me. Emotions and feelings are just all so uncertain. People change their minds all the time, myself being one of them. This is why I find relationships to be so treacherous sometimes, how can you make commitments when you don't necessarily know where life will take you and what you'll experience and how that will change you? Life is wild ride people. 

These are just the fears that came to my fingers when I sat down to blog tonight. There's so much more swimming around in this little head of mine. Please make sure you check out Two Third Hazel's post and write a post of your own if you so desire! Releasing your fears out into the world is strangely freeing. Have a great weekend guys!

8 comments:

  1. This post is everything! I can agree with most of these myself. Thank you for this post, makes me feel like am not the only one thinking these things! Have a good weekend lady!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for reading! It's always nice to read something that resonates with your own personal feelings! Hope you've had a great weekend as well! :)

      xoLiz

      Delete
  2. So brave of you to post this, loved getting to know you better!
    <3
    katsfashionfix.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trying to really put myself out there with the blog, it's scary, but positive feedback like this definitely helps! Thanks for always reading. :) I appreciate it so much.

      xoLiz

      Delete
  3. Hey! Just want to say that I think your blog is really good (and your design is to die for) and that us bloggers should stick together so I have nominated you for a blogging award if you fancy doing it :)
    Catriona...

    http://catrionalauder.blogspot.co.uk/2015/04/sisterhood-of-world-bloggers-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for this nomination! I love these awards and will likely be making a post later this week. I'll be sure to comment the link on your original post. Thanks again! :)

      xoLiz

      Delete
  4. This post just totally hit home for me. Especially number one. I hit 25 in two weeks, and I've never had less of a life plan than I do right now. I'm usually a color-coded-list-making-type-A person. One that will have a calendar of what I'll be doing to the hour three years from now... but right now, no clue. Utter quarter life crisis. It's terrifying. On the other hand, I know it will all work out in the end, because I'll make the best out of whatever I get dealt. So here's to you making the best out of anything that get's thrown at you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Comments like this truly make my day. I'm just glad if at least one person can relate to my writing. It's funny because I am that stick to a schedule Type-A person as well...but right now everything is just all up in the air! Great reasoning though, everything does have a way of working itself out. Wonderfully said. :)

      xoLiz

      Delete