Monday, April 13, 2015

Music Monday - From Alesso to Syd Youth

Happy Monday blog friends! It was like 76 degrees in New Jersey today. I could hardy believe it. I wore short sleeves and I wasn't cold. Miracles really do happen, people. I was about as happy as ever. Or as happy as one could be on a Monday. Anyway, let's get on with this week's playlist. Really stoked to share this week's choices.


Cool - Alesso & Roy English
I'm actually really surprised I haven't mentioned this song earlier, I've been pretty obsessed with it for awhile now. Something about this song just screams summer and it makes me happier than a kid in a candy store. I'm not a huge fan of this EDM craze that seems to have come (and maybe passed?) but I love a good dance jam every now and again. Not to mention this Roy English (who's British - because honestly I can't be obsessed with someone unless they're British) has a really amazing voice. Just love everything about this song, from the beat to the lyrics.
Favorite Lyric; "Acting like a fool, I wanna scream it from the roof. I'm tryna keep it cool, but I can't keep cool about it."



Hypnotize Me - Taylor Berrett
Taking it a completely different direction here, I have a kind of folk/country song. Apparently this Taylor Berrett artist is so exclusive he doesn't even have a Wikipedia page! So, I'm going to categorize this as folk/country myself, I'm not completely sure, but let's go with that. It's so catchy and uplifting. I actually heard this song on the "Sunny Side Up" playlist on Spotify, which I like to listen to in the morning to get myself in a good mood for the day. In any event, this song is catchy, Taylor has a great voice, and you will want to dance around your room (house, apartment, shack, what have you) to this.
Favorite Lyric; "You said, 'don't hide your sorrow, the blood you bled. We were made to break so somebody could fix us again.'"



Bitch Better Have My Money - Rihanna
Can't not mention this song, it's just too good. I mean, if you have a radio I'm 110% you've heard this song. But, every now and again I like to listen to some music that makes me feel gangster as hell. Rihanna is just a boss most of the time and I have to give her props for that. I love to put this song all the way up with my headphones on. I highly suggest it, the beat gets pretty trippy, especially towards the end of the song.
Favorite Lyric; "Pay me what you owe me, don't act like you forgot." 



Smoke n' mirrors - Syd Youth 
Again, going in a completely different direct genre-wise, we have this sort of pop-ballad. I just heard this song for the first time today and I think it's really powerful. Syd Youth is composed of three female singers, and I think their voices blend beautifully, it's very evident in this song. I feel like a lot of the time these days singers depend mainly on their music and editing, but you can tell that these singers are just genuinely good, which is what made me listen to this song over and over again the first time I heard it. I have a feeling this group will be all over the radio very soon.
Favorite Lyric; "There's no good time for me to tell you what's up. Put your hand in mine, I think you've been through enough. Feel me now." 



And that's this week's playlist! I hope you enjoyed my array of genres this week. I really try to highlight all different types of music so there's something for everyone! I'd also just like to say I've listened to "Cool" like 8 times while writing this post. I just really can't get enough! I hope you enjoyed and I'll be back tomorrow (or at the very least sometime this week before Saturday...) with a beauty inspired post, I have a couple new things to share!

2 comments:

  1. Isn't it crazy how much the weather affects our mood? I have been so happy lately too because of how warm it's finally getting :)
    <3
    katsfashionfix.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes a world of difference! I was beginning to think spring would never come!

      xoLiz

      Delete