Monday, April 6, 2015

Music Monday - From Ariana Grande to All Time Low

Happy Monday beautiful people. The sun is shining and it's supposed to get up to 70 degrees today. That's pretty much a dream for me at this point so I'm as happy as a clam. :) Besides the fact that it's Monday...Mondays aren't fun. Especially when you didn't sleep well the night before. BUT, let's look on the bright side, shall we?

Adore - Cashmere Cat & Ariana Grande
It's fitting that this song is called Adore, because, well, I adore it. I'm sure it's been established here but I'm a huge fan of Ariana Grande. I think she has a great voice and she's just so darn cute! But anyway, for this song she's teaming up with Cashmere Cat, who she's actually worked with before. They have a song together on Ariana's album called Be My Baby. (Also a great song.) Cashmere Cat is a Norwegian DJ. He's gained recent popularity working with Ariana Grande, Jeremih, and Lana Del Rey, to name a few. If you don't know Cashmere Cat now - I'm sure we'll be hearing a lot from him in the future!
Favorite Lyric; "You look at me and say 'love, are you real?' Just don't pretend you're just a friend."



See You Again - Wiz Khalifa & Charlie Puth
Okay, so not gonna lie, I just heard this song for the first time this morning. But, it's SO GOOD. I've always been a pretty big Wiz Khalifa fan, however I've never listened to Charlie Puth before. He has a fantastic voice and I love the blend of smooth singing with rapping. It turns out Charlie Puth is a young singer who gained popularity from Youtube and a little help from Ellen DeGeneres. He's also from New Jersey. (Wudduppp.) So that's cool. This song is from the Fast & Furious 7 soundtrack too. Haven't seen the movie yet but I've heard good things!
Favorite Lyric; "We've come a long way from where we began. Oh, I'll tell you about it when I see you again."



Tidal Waves - All Time Low & Mark Hoppus
If you were like me in high school then this song will bring you right back to 17 years old. I loveee it. And the fact that Mark Hoppus from blink is on it makes it 10 times better. It's very similar to the All Time Low music from like, 2007. I love the angsty teen lyrics. Makes me feel like I'm getting ready to watch Laguna Beach all over again. Hahaha
Favorite Lyric; "Why don't you think before you speak? Cause you don't know me at all." 



Trouble - Iggy Azalea & Jennifer Hudson
I mostly just like this song cause of Jennifer Hudson. She has such an amazing voice. The music and the beat are pretty great too...Iggy, not so much. She's not my favorite, but the song is catchy enough and I find myself bobbing my head along to it while I'm at work. And of course every girl can relate to wanting someone that seems like trouble. I mean Taylor Swift wrote a song about it too...the goat remix of that song is the best. With the goat yelling. I hope you people out there know what I'm referring too.
Favorite Lyric; "Cause most guys only want one thing, but I'm undecided tryna figure out if that's you." 

So that's this week's playlist. Hope you enjoy or find some new tunes you didn't know about before. Have a great rest of the week! I'll be back at some point with a beauty post of sorts!

2 comments:

  1. Yess!! Jennifer Hudson :)
    <3
    katsfashionfix.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't she so amazing?! She's literally the only reason I like that song. Ha!

      xoLiz

      Delete