Sunday, April 12, 2015

Sunday Funday - The Newsroom & Asbury Park

Hellooo my good internet friends! I'm back with a Sunday Funday post. (Told you I'd never miss out on doing these!) OH! You might have also noticed that the blog got a little facelift! Now that I have more content and some followers I decided there was more I needed out of my layout. I absolutely love this pre-made one that I chose from 17thAvenueDesigns on Etsy. If you're looking for a layout or anything along those lines I completely recommend her, she has tons of extras available for your blog as well. :)

I had a great weekend as the weather FINALLY decided to cooperate, which lifted my spirits more than words can express. I hope wherever you are, that you had a great weekend as well! Here goes the recap.


Friday nights I generally don't do much, as I'm usually pretty tired from the work week. And this particular week I missed out on a lot of sleep so I was exhausted. I'm sure most of you have heard that HBO finally launched their standalone streaming service entitled "HBO Now," which I've been looking forward to for I don't know how long. I'm a huge fan of the shows The Newsroom and Girls, however, I didn't really fancy spending 50 or so extra dollars to have HBO on my cable package so I've been pretty far behind! Trying to stream them online is sadly futile, so I usually wait until I can buy the season on iTunes. So Friday night I began my HBO Now account and finally finished The Newsroom. Anddd... I was crying. Like a baby. I'm still shocked that they didn't move forward with this show. It's one of the best shows I've seen lately and I think it's an absolute shame it had to end so suddenly. The characters were so well-developed that I truly felt compassion for them and genuinely cared about their stories. If there's any HBO series I could recommend, it would be The Newsroom. It's only 4 seasons, and the 4th season is only 6 episodes. The first month of HBO Now is free too, so you can watch the whole thing for no money at all! (If you wish to continue to subscribe, it's $14.99 a month.) 



Saturday I spent the day grabbing lunch and shopping with two of my best friends. I only purchased some yoga pants and skin products from Victoria's Secret. (Which I will likely be mentioning in my comeback post of Beauty Tuesday this week! Lord willing I get my sh*t together with this blog. Lol.) VS yoga pants/leggings just do something special to the booty, I don't know what it is but they're the only ones I will ever wear and I love them. We had lunch at Cheesecake Factory, which is just always delicious. I mean, how can you go wrong with a place that has like a 19 page menu? We recently discovered that the nachos there are pretty amazing too, I highly recommend. 

Saturday evening we headed down to Asbury Park to hit up one of our favs Johnny Mac's. We went relatively early, as we were just looking to grab a beer (cider for me, please!) and sit down. This place is the best because you get a ticket for a free little pizza with each drink you buy! Yummy. They also have a little downstairs area with skeeball, cause, who doesn't love skeeball?! We had a great time. Please excuse the awful quality photos - they looked a whole lot better on my iPhone. :/






Then today I did some shopping with my mom. We headed out to Harmons. You know that's my weakness, but I stayed pretty strong and managed not to buy THAT much stuff. Only essentials! However, sh*t got real in DSW when I found the perfect backpack. I've been wanting a cute backpack for awhile now. I don't know what it is about them, I just think they're so fashion forward and cute. The one I found was Steve Madden and $70. Original price was $90, so I guess I got lucky, but I still cringed at spending $70 on a pretty small backpack. I've been trying to save money so hard lately! I've been doing better than I was before, but this backpack set me back a pretty penny, but I knew I would regret it if I left the store without it, and so, now it is mine. :) 

From Harmons I just got the new L'Oreal Miss Manga mascara, NYX Pore Filler Primer, 2 colored Wet N Wild Mega Liners (Teal and Plum), a small Tide to Go Pen and a new brush organizer. (My old one had a hole in the back for some odd reason and all my brushes would fall out time and time again. I don't know, it makes no sense to me either.) 




And there you have it, that's my weekend for ya! I hope everyone has a lovely rest of Sunday and I will be back tomorrow with this week's playlist. :)

2 comments: