Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Tunes Tuesday - From Passion Pit to Marian Hill

Re-named today's title since it's taking the place of Music Monday. :P Anyway, just going to do a short playlist post - as I didn't sleep well last night and I'm quite tired this evening after working all day. *yawn*



Lifted Up (1985) - Passion Pit
I've loved Passion Pit for quite some time now, ever since I heard "Cuddle Fuddle" I was pretty much hooked. Their (or his? I feel like it's mainly one guy...) new album just dropped today and it's called Kindred. Lifted Up (1985) is one of the singles off of this album and I can't get enough! Actually, as I'm writing this I'm just listening to the song on repeat. I love the electronic component of their music, it's so different and makes you feel good. It's so intense and uplifting. "Carried Away" is another favorite from them. They're perfect to listen to in the summer! 
Favorite Lyric; "Feel as though there's nothing up there, but one day you came out of nowhere."



The Fool - Ryn Weaver
I also love Ryn Weaver quite a bit as well, I actually wrote about her other big hit "OctaHate" on here earlier. I love that she has an alternative kind of sound, mixed with electronic/synth sounds like the previous. Kind of on the same wavelength as Passion Pit with a bit more of a pop vibe. This song is a little bit more powerful than "OctaHate," I love the message behind this song and it's definitely pretty relatable. Everyone has been a fool for someone. Sadly, myself included. Guilty!
Favorite Lyric; "You chase me while I play the clown, but then you know."



No Filter - Hit The Lights
I know I wrote about Hit The Lights yesterday but I can't not mention this song. I've been listening to it non-stop since I first heard it (aka Sunday...) It's just SO good. In fact this whole album "Summer Bones" is just really, really great. I'm so glad I found out they have a newer album out! This song is definitely my favorite off of the album though. The lyrics are great and I just can't help but sing along and bob my head. It reminds me of all the alternative/pop-punk I used to listen to when I was in high school and I love the nostalgia it initiates. Two thumbs up!
Favorite Lyric; "For every night I slept myself sick wondering what I did; this is goodbye, I hope you f*cking choke on it."



Got It - Marian Hill
I'm actually not even sure how to describe or categorize this song. It's definitely on the electronic side as well (guess that's the theme I got goin' on today.) iTunes is describing it as alternative - so I'm going to say it's alternative/electronica. It's such a different vibe but I really love it. I've heard it on a few Spotify playlists and then I kept hearing it on the commercial for that new Nicholas Sparks movie The Longest Ride, which inspired me to save it to my "recent" playlist so I can jam to it any time I please! Give it a try!
Favorite Lyric; "You want to know, but it can't be tied. You want to steal, cause I can't be bought."


I hope you enjoy this week's playlist! I'll be back later this week with a fashion post and some sort of beauty post...gonna have to brainstorm that. Hope everyone has a great rest of the week though!


No comments:

Post a Comment