Sunday, May 10, 2015

Sunday Funday - Outside Activities and Mother's Day

Hey guys! I know it's been awhile, but the weather has just been so nice and it's caused me to lose my mind and try to be outside as much as possible (since I'm stuck inside working most of the day.) But anyway, I'm here to recap my weekend for you. I didn't do anything too, too thrilling.

Friday I actually took off of work to take my first driving lesson! It's a little known fact about me that I cannot drive/do not have a license. But I'm finally working on it because you just cannot live in New Jersey and not drive...it's a disaster. So I am now on the roads people! It's definitely a very nerve-wracking thing for me, but now that I've actually driven a little I realize it isn't nearly as bad as I was making it out to be and I'm ready to get some practice in! So I guess that's pretty exciting. 

Since it was such a beautiful day, later on I went to Stagehouse with my friends and we actually sat in their little outside area! It was so nice to be out in the bright warm sun. They had quite an interesting folk band playing...but it was a great time nonetheless. 






It was definitely like 85 degrees but being that my legs are the same shade of white as a piece of paper, I figured jeans were a better option for me at this point. So I just wore a plain white tank and boyfriend jeans, rolled up a bit. And it's finally time for flip flops! *jumps for joy* 

Also later that night we got NUTELLA ice cream. Yes, they make Nutella ice cream and it was absolutely thrilling. Everything you could ever dream of and more. Unfortunately though, the girl working at Carvel insisted that they only had one cone size, which was apparently giant. So we all ended up having to throw like half our cones out our friend's car window on the highway. It's fine though because it's biodegradable, nobody worry, we were just feeding the wildlife. 


Saturday morning I had to head out extra early for a hair appointment and then a family get together as one of my cousins is moving with his wife and baby out to Colorado. (which, in fact, is quite a considerable amount from New Jersey) Although it's sad my cousin is leaving, it was lovely to see a bit of my family for the day.

Went for a red/copper look this time - yes, I do change my hair more than any one person should!

Which brings me to today, Sunday, Mother's Day! I hope everyone got a chance to spend time with their family and whoever you consider to be a mother to you. Mother's are so important and deserve so much respect for everything they do and provide for their children. I know I'm more than grateful for both my mom and my grandma. They're such an inspiration to me and show me how important it is to be an independent woman. We had a lovely early dinner and dessert and I think everyone enjoyed their gifts. So, overall it was a winning day!

That's about all I have for today. I actually have a few things that I need to post about this week. I'm not sure when exactly they will be posted, but I have an Influenster box I would love to review as well as some beauty products that I want to mention. So hopefully I'll have that up midweek. Hope everyone has a great, productive week. Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. I love your hair and that ice cream is making me super hungry! Looks like another fabulous weekend!
    <3
    katsfashionfix.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! So much of the red has washed out already, looks like I'll need another touch up!

      xoLiz

      Delete
  2. I love your hair too!! The copper framing your face really makes your eyes *pop*!

    Good luck on getting your driver's license! Is the process in N.J. difficult? I live in Michigan and the public transportation is terrible. You definitely need to have your own wheels in this state!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved it so much and some has already washed out! And thank you, I don't think it is all that difficult - it was easy enough to get my permit, so hopefully everything else follows suit. :)

      xoLiz

      Delete